We are recruiting an Electrical CAD Technician (Controls) for an established and exciting career opportunity with a market leading and award-winning client in their offices in the Dumbarton, Glasgow area.
The successful Electrical CAD applicant will join the engineering controls department and work closely with members of the team by supporting the progress their products and projects from sales through to final testing before commissioning.
The ideal candidate will hold a HNC (or better) in a relevant electrical discipline and have 3 or more years of Electrical CAD experience in an Engineering environment.
Applicants should be skilled in a strong mix of the desirable skills, knowledge and experience listed below:
Desirable Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Established Electrical CAD skills- Creating and modifying electrical control panel drawings
- Some knowledge of Engineering Control panel design
- Skilled in the selection of electrical components for use in control panels and other engineering related products
- Creating and modifying project documentation and user instruction materials
- Experience of a material control programme e.g. Infor XA
- Good interpersonal and technical skills
- Be committed to (and see the value in) learning new skills and sharing your knowledge and experience with others in your team.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established team and offers the successful applicant the chance to move into a Controls Engineer position.
If you have any questions prior to applying, please do not hesitate to contact us. We’d be happy to help.