We have been tasked with recruiting an experienced Software Project Manager to manage the core activities of our clients Software Development Teams in their Edinburgh design centre and across other international locations.
This is a superb opportunity to join a world leader in their field at a time their business is establishing new and exciting teams and product ranges.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the successful completion of key software projects.
Duties for the role include:
- Lead software projects through product development and the development process
- Requirements gathering, UX development, implementation, testing, and public release
- Lead teams with members in various locations and time zones
- Form cross-functional teams focused on delivering new or upgrading existing software products, working to Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Coordinate and manage project manpower allocation. Estimate, control budgets, estimate project durations and determine overall project costs
- Provide project reports. Negotiate changes to project scope, timelines, or budget as necessary.
Skills & experience required (a strong mix of):
- Bachelor’s degree (Software Engineering preferred)
- Demonstrated abilities to lead and coach product development teams
- 5+ years of experience in new product implementation within Software Engineering
- Experience of requirements development and management
- Integration with hardware and network systems, test development
- Project Management concept knowledge
- Agile software development methods (Scrum). Experience in Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) would be a plus
- Project scheduling software (etools) eg, PLM or PDM software
- Performance management skills
- Change management skills. The ability to create and execute change
- Leadership, coaching and team building, and (ideally) managing teams in multiple locations across different time zones
There is an extremely attractive salary and benefits package on offer which includes:
- 35 days holiday plus 6 days when business closes
- 7% pension contribution
- Death in Service insurance 3-times base salary
- Private dental and medical plan
- Product discounts
- Bike scheme
- Free parking
- Wellness benefits of £250.00 per calendar year.
- Discount for the sports club.
- Discretionary bonus.
There will be a training period to help new hires to build their confidence in the role, with a full onboarding process.
For more details on the role and a copy of the full job spec please apply or call us for more information.