We are recruiting a System and Applications Support Engineer with a background in AWS and Linux for a key client and established client in Edinburgh.
Training on the systems and software will be provided to get you up to speed quickly and professionally.
The successful applicant will join a small team, responsible for the support of Systems and Application assistance for our clients’ world-wide customer base. You will be responsible for the support functions of installation, deployment, commissioning, and support of our client’s key software systems products in office and cloud-based environments with occasional opportunities to travel to client sites.
Skills and Knowledge (a strong mix):
- Established skills and experience of AWS installation, configuration, and deployments. This is key. AWS Certified Associate Solutions Architect or SysOps Administrator would be a bonus.
- Prior experience in the installation and configuration of Linux based workstations and servers
- Experience in the setup and configuration of local area networks (including DNS, firewalls and security)
- Experience in the use of relational database systems (e.g. PostgreSQL) including SQL
- Support of software tools and applications
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals at all levels
- A focus on documentation, presenting client demonstrations etc.
- Ability to work remotely if required to work with clients on installations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the first point of contact for system and application support (both external clients and internal application users)
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining the software and hardware components of the applications in a variety of environment
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting incidents and problems as reported by application and system users
- Management, prioritising and handling of assigned incidents and problems using the company management system
- Working with a focus on security of system configuration and deployment of software
- Maintaining and updating technical documentation
- Testing new software releases and patches before installation
- The role generally involves standard office working hours. There may be the requirement for support outside of these hours join the out of hours support rota when require
The client offers a competitive salary plus an excellent benefits package including annual salary bonus and superb pension.