We are recruiting for a Embedded Firmware Development Engineer for an exciting client on the East of Scotland (commutable from Edinburgh, Fife, Perth etc). Candidates should have experience of firmware development for a target processor either in a postgraduate or industrial setting.
The successful applicant will be join a team responsible for the development of new products, translating demonstration and prototype code into production firmware, play a leading role in designing and deployment of substantial software components and system architecture.
- Test, bug fix and maintain the current firmware to highest standards.
- Firmware design & development.
- Algorithm Development.
- Functional optimisation and improvements.
- Evaluating new hardware/demo kits, new devices drivers as required.
- Awareness of hardware development and feedback on device selection.
- Testing, benchmarking and validating software.
- Documentation / bug tracking / version control source code.
- Consider design for manufacturing and testing issues relating to firmware.
- Keen to learn and develop the role.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Broad range of experience on embedded devices and end to end systems
- Thinks ‘out of the box’ and strong innovator
- Understanding of constraints on complex mathematical algorithms.
Skills and Experience (a good mix):
- Good documentation and record keeping skills.
- Strong team working and good communication.
- Design of software components.
- C Programming in an embedded environment.
- Electronics Hardware fault finding and investigations. e.g. able to trace a schematic, connect to and setup evaluation kits in ‘first bring up’ cycle
- Strong experience of low level microcontroller software engineering especially multicore techniques and designs.
- Use of a range compilers, tools chains and debugging techniques
- Test driven development and regression test techniques.
- Familiar with on board communication protocols.
- Familiar with industry standard communication protocols.
Education / Qualifications:
- Degree level qualification or equivalent in Electronics or Software Engineering