We are looking for a skilled Biomedical Scientists / NHS BMS / MLA Pathology Lab professionals, with a minimum of 2-3 years of experience in a Pathology lab with good LIMS/ Lab IT systems experience to cross train into the role of a Biomedical / Pathology Software Tester or as a Support Analyst (whatever role you are more comfortable with).
This is a superb opportunity for you to utilise the skills you already have and use them in the private sector whilst learning new skills and experience.
Reporting to the Test team leader, you will join a team of similarly skilled individuals in the testing or support of software and systems for LIMS related Pathology labs so skills in Winpath / Viapath / or Telepath etc would be essential.
The client understands that some training will need to be provided and has a structured training and mentor system in place for you.
- Using your LIMS / Pathology knowledge and experience of pathology workflows to carry out testing of IT software and systems.
- Generate and deliver test results as required
- Assist in the production of pathology testing scenarios.
- Provide pathology knowledge guidance to other test team members.
- Keep an ongoing interest in current and future Laboratory regulations, working practices, products and technologies within your pathology discipline.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience:
- BMS qualified, ideally with 2-3 years pathology lab experience
- LIMS / WinPath / Viapath experience
- Have a strong interest in IT systems or similar laboratory experience
- IT Literate with a strong interest in working in IT.
- Good PC/network/database literacy
- An awareness of the software development life-cycle and a basic understanding of the role of a software tester, testing methodologies and tools etc would be an advantage.
This is a superb opportunity for you to work in the private sector in a core hours position.
Please send a copy of your CV or feel free to call us for more details.