We are recruiting a Data Migration Specialist for an established healthcare software and technology client to work from their offices based in the heart of Milton Keynes.
The ideal applicant will be a skilled SQL Database Developer with an established background in data migration, business intelligence and/or data warehousing.
Skills / Experience required:
- Educated to degree level
- Proven record of completing full data migrations
- 5+ year experience data migration projects and technologies
- A minimum of 2+ years’ experience with SQL, SQL Server (T-SQL) and/or Oracle (PL/SQL)
- Have the ability to define, develop and maintain SQL code (stored procedures, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints)
- Legacy (mainframe) Data migration and data cleansing preferred
- Designing and documenting conversion and interface specifications
- Importing and exporting data from a variety of database applications
- Data analysis and data mapping
- Excellent analytical skills, detail and process-oriented
- Proven ability to coordinate activities with business and technical teams
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of 3rd party DBA tools and applications
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics.
- Ability to troubleshoot SQL Server related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resource contention.
- Strong problem solving techniques.
- Some experience with SSIS is preferred
- Any experience or knowledge of .Net technologies like (C#, VB.Net, ASP.Net, ADO.Net, TFS..)
- Prior experience working on large IT deployment projects for Healthcare organisations preferred
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Work in collaboration with customers to define, document and agree data migration strategies
- Develop and maintain a standard set of detail data migration specifications, containing all relevant information required to migrate data
- Develop the database scripts/procedures/code required to migrate data into the company database systems
- Work closely with business analysts, business users and IT professionals to analyse and document the data as it exists
- Work closely with the various IT departments at ensuring that their data migration environment is sized and set up appropriately
- Propose any refinements as needed to the existing documentation and standards
- Prepare, conduct and document workshop sessions as needed for requirements analysis
- Troubleshoot and resolve internal and customer database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues
- Manage schema and data migration changes between product release versions
- Provide DB guidance to the Product Manager, Technical and Application Architects, Software Engineering Development manager and Head of Software Engineering.
- Assist and support the technical services team to resolve any DB issues
- Provide feedback to analysis/training staff about performance considerations / usability issues concerning any aspect of the DB design and implementation
- Develop database utilities and automated reporting
- Analyse, consolidate and tune database for optimal efficiency
- Provide 24/7 support should a critical situation occur
The salary and benefits package for this role are superb with a basic salary between £45-55k on offer.
Please send a copy of your CV to apply or call us should you require more information.