SQL Server Applications Support
We are seeking a SQL Server Applications Support professional for a client in central Uxbridge.
The role involves working with complex NHS and Healthcare software that is at the forefront of patient care throughout hospitals in the UK.
Our client is looking for someone skilled in SQL Server to support clients using their software. It is a perfect role for an individual with prior experience of SQL / SQL Server that enjoys interacting with customers and colleagues alike.
- Provide direct support to customers via phone / email / web to resolve complex issues
- Work closely with end-users and customers. Understand the problem reported by the customer and bring to a resolution
- Document problems accurately and completely, (solutions, defects and internal workflow systems service issues)
- Manage and prioritise your workload while being able to resolve time-critical situations professionally.
- Learn new technologies and products required for supporting customers
- A background in providing application support / administration or a service desk role
- Experience of resolving issues with databases or applications utilising databases, preferably MS SQL / SQL Server / or Oracle databases
- Pride in providing the best customer experience
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including communicating with technical and non-technical clients and staff throughout all organisational levels
- ITIL Certifications or Microsoft Certified Professional qualifications such as MTA, MCSE or MCDBA or efforts towards such qualifications are desirable.
- MSSQL Server knowledge such as: Performance tuning and optimisation, Storage and Database Architecture, performance tuning, application database management (upgrade and patch management, optimisation, index tuning, caching and buffer tuning, and archival, backup and DR management).
This is a superb opportunity to join a rapidly expanding and established client in their cutting edge offices.
Please send a copy of your CV to apply or call should you require further information.