We are seeking a Software Test Team Leader / Manager for an established, world-leading client based in Edinburgh.
The successful applicant will have a background in Automated Testing within a Linux OS based software company. This is a superb career move, offering the successful applicant the responsibility for managing a team of 5 test engineers and full responsibility for the direction of software testing projects and resources.
Other duties include:
- Taking a lead role in quality improvement projects, contributing to the Development Teams working practices and technology decisions.
- Formulating and implementing software testing strategies with a focus on the development, implementation and ongoing management of an automated testing strategy.
- Maintaining and developing the Testing strategy
- Create Test Documentation templates to support test activities.
- Creating and maintaining test execution environments to support test simulation scenarios.
- Creating, maintaining and reviewing product test plans, identifying new test equipment, dataset and requirements.
- Preparation and review of test reports.
- Developing and maintaining test procedures and scripts (based on product specifications).
- Work closely with Development Managers to define the scope of testing within the context of each software release.
- Team Resource Management
- Report team progress to the Senior Director of Development and Development Managers.
- Work closely with Support Engineers in regard to identification of issues and known bugs.
- Train, mentor and supporting the Test Engineers in your team.
Education and required experience
- A degree or HND in IT, Electronics, or Computing or a related
- Ideally around 8 or more years plus experience of testing large scale integrated systems
- Use of advanced testing tools and techniques
- Linux OS experience
- Highly experienced with test procedures and related test equipment
- Experience of development and implementation of automated testing, including knowledge of automation tools and techniques
- Squish experience would be an advantage.
Skills, Qualifications and other requirements
- Established skills and knowledge of testing methodologies and techniques
- Skiiled in Diagnostic and troubleshooting
- Scripting skills (Perl) desirable
- Ability to identify and verify complex technology issues
- Ability to mentor junior staff
- Excellent organisation skills and the ability to deal with changing priorities
- Ability to articulate business requirements into structured test plans to ensure quality of released product
- High level of solution analysis skills
- Strategic thinker i.e. consider the wider impact an issue may have
This is truly a great opportunity within an established and thriving client. Please contact us should you like to discuss the role further or send a copy of your CV to apply.