We are delighted to be the sole recruiter for CMA Scotland based in Stirling Market. We are recruiting on behalf of CMA Scotland for a role that is titled Market Design Authority. This is a unique vacancy that is very similar to a Business Process Manager role with a few other duties (listed below).
CMA Scotland are responsible for the Market Code that is used by utility companies in the sale and rates of business water throughout Scotland. The Market Code sets out the rules to be followed by all participants in the retail market for water and wastewater services in Scotland. The CMA runs the IT systems that support the market, known as the Central Systems.
The role of the Market Design Authority (MDA) is the CMA authority on the Market Code and is responsible for ensuring that the Central Systems are functioning consistently with its provisions. The MDA works with any party proposing a change to the Code, to ensure that it retains its integrity and internal consistency, and that the changes are consistent with a set of
Market principles (including for example, proportionality, transparency, non‐discrimination). The MDA is often called upon to draft both legal text (i.e. new or revised sections of the Code) and associated User Requirements for changes to the Central Systems. The MDA often represents the CMA’s view on proposed changes at industry forums and attempts to establish a consensus that is unambiguous and logically sound.
Summary job specification
Maintaining documentation and logs, in particular:
- Documentation setting out CMA business procedures relating to IT policy and change management
- Maintaining annotated logs of pending and implemented Market Code/Central System changes
- Drafting Market Code Change Proposals for the CMA and assisting with drafts for the regulator and industry participants.
- Reviewing Change Proposals submitted by the sector regulator and industry participants.
- Developing or reviewing User Requirements Specifications for Central System changes.
- Planning the future program of software releases, based on cost‐benefit analysis.
- Assisting the Project Manager with the preparation of project documentation.
- Reviewing participants’ Market re‐assurance testing.
- Review of and preparation of responses to enquiries.
- Assisting with planning for supplier failure and Central Systems outage events.
- Providing briefing material for industry meetings and Working Groups
- Chairing or attending Working Groups as required.
To apply and be considered for the role, please send a copy of your CV directly to us at email@example.com or call us for more information.