We are looking for a skilled Electronic Hardware Test Engineer to join our clients busy Hardware Qualifications Test team in Edinburgh.
Applicants are expected to have proven skills in electronics test design although some standards will require external testing so will involve setting up for EMC and Environmental test certification through external test suppliers.
In this role, you will be to tasked with:
- Testing a range of electronic products to traceable standards and to our clients test strategy
- Reporting any issues or weaknesses through systems and processes.
- Evaluate and design robust test solutions that should highlight any failure during the qualification process
- Travelling to and from the external test facilities when required. A driving license and own transport is essential.
- Organise & perform test activities and hardware qualification for products using in house & external test facilities
- Produce and document technical processes relating to any hardware qualification testing you undertake.
- Documentation process, control & design
- Electronics principles, cable wiring & test design
- PC skills; MS Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
- A team player with the ability to individually problem solve when required
- IP Networking fundamentals and some configuration / setup would be a benefit
- A flexibility towards International travel if/ when required
- Qualification testing of electronic & mechanical products
- Knowledge of IT / IP networking equipment
- Any thermal related design understanding would be an advantage
- Skilled in working to certification standards
- Previous experience in working with OEM suppliers
- Test tools e.g. TestLink
- Experience in bug reporting & feedback e.g. Bugzilla
On offer, is an attractive salary as well as comprehensive blue-chip benefits.
Please send a copy of your CV to apply of call us should you require further information.