We are seeking a Principal / Senior DSP (Digital Signal Processing) Design Engineer (Audio DSP preferred) with a minimum of 12 years of experience as an engineer or related field focusing on product development to join our established market leading client in their new offices in Edinburgh. Our client is offering the chance to join once of their to join a growing cross function design teams with the opportunity to work on a variety of cutting edge and exciting projects.
This is an amazing opportunity to join our client at a time of real growth and will provide you with career prospects going forward. Our client is focused on furthering your career development in a rewarding and skilled environment where you will fully utilise and develop your current talents in real-time software, and embedded software design.
You will join as a Senior DSP Engineer, responsible for leading, motivating, managing, and developing DSP Developer to deliver product development, and departmental and corporate projects.
Applicants with an enthusiasm for: Audio DSP’s, low latency real-time audio algorithm development, A/V conferencing, A/V product design, audio codecs (digital), spatial audio, audio algorithm and/or system testing would be prefered.
Working with a team of skilled embedded electronic professionals throughout our clients global offices, you will be tasked to defining and improving DSP design techniques and processes. The client offers a scope of work and challenges you to identify any potential future technology, and be part of a skilled team defining the strategic direction for DSP group you will be a senior member of.
Requirements ( a strong mix of the following):
- BSc degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or Software Engineering. Any focus in Digital Signal Processing is desired.
- 10+ years of experience as an engineer or related field focusing on product development.
- 4+ years of experience as a team leader or manager incorporating DSP software, hardware, or system design.
- Some experience of test and measurement equipment including oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, audio analyzers, and digital multi-meters.
- Familiarity with standard software development processes and tools e.g. Requirements Management, Bug Tracking, & Version control
- A knowledge of audio industry standards / organizations e.g. ETSI, AES, ITU, IEEE
- Experience of Low latency audio processing, Audio processing for conferencing, Microphone arrays
- Designing and deploying DSP algorithms for FPGA targets, Audio codecs.
- Spatial audio Audio algorithm and system testing and validation
- Modelling/Simulation tools: Matlab or NumPi/SciPi
- Fixed point audio development / debugging
The above description reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified for job evaluation. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job nor shall it be construed as giving exclusive title to every function described.
This is an amazing opportunity to join our client at a time of real growth and will provide you with career prospects going forward.
Our client is focused on furthering your career development in a rewarding and skilled environment where you will fully utilise and develop your current talents in DSP’s real-time software, and embedded design.
On offer, is an attractive salary as well as comprehensive blue-chip benefits.