We are currently recruiting for experience Controls Engineers for a client based in the outskirts of Glasgow. Our client is about to enter an exciting next stage in their development so you will be joining them at the right time.
The successful applicant will join our clients Controls Engineering team responsible for new and existing projects with regards design, program, test and commissioning of control systems for a range of range of cutting-edge products. This is a client facing role that will involve some international travel so the successful engineer should be self-motivated, committed to handling multiple projects and possess excellent communication skills.
Initially, the role is to complement the existing skill set within the department with strong PLC configuration and programming skills. Basic duties include:
- Electrical and Instrumentation circuit design using CAD packages.
- Produce design system flow & logic diagrams
- Design and Program PLC / HMI operator controls as well as graphics systems.
- Configuration of industrial communications & networks e.g. Profibus, ControlNet, Ethernet, OPC
- In-house testing of Control Systems prior to install
- Support team and other department projects
The ideal candidate (a strong mix of):
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline
- Ideally have 3 or more years of experience in a design environment
- Have some PLC configuration and programming skills
- Some experience in manufacturing or another control engineering would be desirable
- Strong knowledge of PLC & HMI/SCADA programming is highly desirable, e.g. Allen Bradley or Siemens
- Experience of producing panel hardware designs, BOMs & project documentation
Other desirable skills and experience include:
- Industrial communication networks
- Electrical control circuit design
- Control system commissioning.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email your CV. We will call you to provide full information on the role bit should you have questions prior to applying please call us.