We are looking for skilled (around 3 to 5 years ideally) Database / Software Developers and for a role that will enhance your career in software but will provide a career opportunity that is truly second to none.
Our client is a leading software product company working from cutting edge offices in the heart of the medieval city of Ghent and a software development office Glasgow city centre.
They are offering a once in a lifetime opportunity to join their growing teams, developing cutting edge large scale data management related software.
Due to the complexity of the software products that they produce, our client decided it made more business sense to have the successful applicants work closely in one of their core software product teams based in their key Ghent office before returning to work in their established team in their Glasgow city-centre office.
During your time in Ghent (approximately 9-12 months), you will work closely with their established development team, learning their information systems, application server, and workflow system software to allow a seamless move back into their team in Glasgow.
Ideal applicants should have skills and experience as follows:
- Around 3+ years of software and/or database development and a passion for software coding.
- A degree or qualification in a Software discipline (Computer Science preferred) would be of benefit.
- Skills or excellent understanding of database system development. Any background understanding or exposure to large scale database systems would also be of benefit although not essential.
- Any experience of C#, .NET, or Java development would be an advantage as the role will give you exposure to these too.
- The ability and willingness to adapt and learn new development skills.
Our client covers the costs for virtually everything whilst you are there with no hidden expenses or cost to yourself. All you need to do is pay for what you eat and drink really.
The client covers everything (apart from food and drink) so your take home pay is almost all your own. What’s covered:
- All travel expenses and regular flights back to Glasgow (or nearest airport) if required. Flights booked for every 2 weeks usually.
- Personal use of your flat (or house) to live in.
- A fully insured company car & fuel card OR travel card should you not have a license.
This is a real opportunity to experience life and culture in another country while gaining new technology skills in Object-Oriented software .NET and database systems. There are other member of the Glasgow team already back in Glasgow with a hand full of people in Ghent learning the systems.
These truly are the best and most exciting opportunities in the Software / IT jobs market. All of the team that has been offered the role and completed their time in Ghent have all stayed with the company so we can confidently say your time there is enjoyable. The client look after you with not only a mature, respectful and fun working environment in a state of the art office but will offer a salary and benefits package too (with regular reviews).
Please send your CV to apply or contact us if you have any questions regarding the vacancy.