We are looking for a Hardware Test Engineer to work on our clients Hardware and Embedded Firmware and join their established and world-leading client based in Edinburgh.
Reporting to the clients’ Hardware Team Leader, the successful Test Engineer will join a close-knit team responsible for testing electronic hardware with a focus on Embedded Firmware on Hardware products. You will work closely with internal teams and with OEM suppliers on issues arising from tests undertaken. This team is a thriving element of our clients focus to deliver high-quality electronic Networking / IP products to their customers.
Skills / Experience (a strong mix of):
- Test the compatibility of hardware components with skills in uploading and testing GUI’s etc .
- Designing & developing effective test cases from requirements with a good understanding of manual test methods.
- Identifying effective test approaches and techniques.
- Test-driven with a real interest in new test techniques & automation.
- The confidence to question, challenge, and step up in areas of test that you feel need consideration & pass these ideas onto your team.
- Ability and desire to work in and with a close team of engineers
- OSI layers and IPv4 networks
- Skilled in the use of test tools e.g. TestLink / Bugzilla.
- Some experience of protocol analysis tools e.g. Wireshark
- Python or Perl scripting.
- Testing embedded software.
- Identifying effective test approaches and techniques
- Knowledge and understanding of IP technology
- Some qualification testing of electronic & mechanical products
- Thermal design understanding
On offer is a blue-chip benefits package that includes a basic salary of up to £35k.