The client is ideally looking for Engineers with a background in data communications, electrical/electronic, and/or IT network engineering.
Working with Complex and truly fascinating products, this is an opportunity that presents a genuinely interesting new challenge for experienced Engineers
The successful applicant will join a team of skilled Field Support Engineers in an office-and vessel based client support role. You will work on system commissioning and testing, client instruction and training while onshore and be responsible for installing, commissioning and supporting complex data communication software systems onboard vessels in worldwide offshore environments.
- Solid Engineering experience
- The ability to identify and resolve problems
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure in demanding operational environments
- Good analytical skills, and the ability to apply these to systems and processes
- Able and willing to work for periods away from home
- Linux exposure (command line) and IT networking experience
- Knowledge of data communications
- Basic electrical/electronic engineering
- Experience of GPS and/or data radio systems
What’s on offer:
- A competitive basic salary between £28k-38k plus a daily allowance of up to £180 for each day offshore (including travel days).
- A real opportunity for worldwide travel
- A uniquely satisfying and rewarding work and team environment
- Flexible working
- 33 days holiday (plus additional leave accrued offshore).
- A range of attractive insurance and pension benefits