We are recruiting a PCB Design Engineer for a client based in central Scotland. The location is easily commutable from anywhere in the central belt in Scotland.
This position focuses on the full remit of PCB layout activities within an established & world-wide engineering team, using CAD software & Design for Excellence techniques in the design of innovative & high quality electronic products for a global customer base. Our client is looking for an articulate and enthusiastic PCB Designer with a focus on delivering and exceeding customer desires and ones that will thrive in a wide variety of product design projects.
- Working toward customer requirements & with Engineering Project Teams to develop high quality & costs effective PCB Designs that are of high-quality & cost-effective.
- PCB constraint entry, placement, routing, assembly text adjustments, silk-screening, creating assembly drawings, design checks & analysis, submitting data for excellence & quality revie
- Produce comprehensive PCB documentation in accordance with the quality & change management procedures & guidelines
- Utilise appropriate software tools and equipment to complete necessary design work including design creation, design analysis, & design verification.
- Incorporate best practices in all PCB Layouts creation
- Working with teams in PCB Layout estimation
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE. (A good mix but not necessarily all):
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronic Engineering. An HND in Electronics would also be considered for the right candidate.
- A good understanding of PCB Fabrication, Assembly & Test processes
- PCB Layout. Ideally with experience of Cadence, Altium, or Mentor tool-chains
- Some experience of PCB Design would be desirable
- Experience of high density placement & interconnect, multi-layer, double-sided assembly & electrically constrained designs would be an advantage
- Designing boards for volume manufacturing and test processes
This is a superb opportunity to join a stable, established and growing electronics organization in a position that offers real growth and career potential.
Please send a copy of your cv to apply or call us for more information.