Central Marketing Agency
Are you looking for a secure, challenging and rewarding role that offers a real work/life balance? We are recruiting on behalf of CMA Scotland, based in Stirling for a role that is titled Release Project Manager. This is a key and unique vacancy within the business that is very similar to an Software Systems Analyst/ Business Process Analyst or Project Manager (software related) role with a few other duties (listed below).
CMA Scotland are responsible for the Market Code that is used by utility companies in the sale and rates of business water throughout Scotland. The Market Code sets out the rules to be followed by all participants in the retail market for water and wastewater services in Scotland. CMA runs the IT system that support the market and billing systems, known as the Central Systems and are the authority on the Market Code with responsibility for ensuring that the Central Systems are functioning consistently with its provisions.
You will work directly with the Market Design Authority (MDA) in the management of projects related to the release of 2 software updates per year. You will be responsible for maintaining an open relationship with a 3rd party software development provider and software testing company with weekly meetings to keep releases on track. Each release usually takes 2 months of planning, 2 months of development, and 5-6 weeks of testing before final release to market.
The ideal person for the role:
The ideal person for the role:
- Someone with a strong quantitive and analytical background that can understand the knock-on effects that change proposals have to tariff structures.
- Experience in and understanding software releases.
- A background in delivering projects on time and on budget.
- Degree qualified in a business process, IT or technical subject.
- A dependable and long-term focus. The role will take around 12 Months to get fully up to speed.
Summary job specification:
- Reviewing, and providing input on, the drafting of ‘Market Code Change Proposals’ (MCCPs) (the Market Code sets out the rules of the retail water market).
- Reviewing, and providing input on, the ‘User Requirements Specification’ for a Central Systems Release (i.e. consolidating MCCPs to specify the requirements for a Release project).
- Working with the Market Design Authority (MDA) to plan the future programme of software Releases.
- Preparation of project documentation in accordance with Prince2 project management requirements, including: the PID, project plan, risk register, test strategy, and end stage reports.
- Preparation of a project budget, based on impact assessments from the IT service provider and cost estimates from the MDA.
- Tracking of progress against the project plan and project budget, and reporting on these.
- Oversight of delivery by the developer, operator, and tester service providers.
- Coordination of the deployment of software to various CMA estate environments.
- Checking and approval of contractor invoices.
- Providing weekly project updates to the technical team and service providers.
- Preparation of bulletins for the market.
- Provide a contact point for market participants and deliver project briefings.The hours of work are 37 hours per week with start time between 08:00‐09:30 with 1 day a week in the office and the rest from home. There may be an occasion to come in for another day here and there.
To apply and be considered for the role, please send a copy of your CV directly to us at email@example.com or call us for more information.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent