As part of its continued growth, our client has a requirement for a Senior Java Developer to join their web based software development team based in Glasgow.
Reporting to the Head of IT, you will work closely with Project Managers and play a critical role in designing, developing and testing own-brand products and bespoke client-driven solutions. The role will play a key role in influencing the technical direction of products as well as assisting in driving quality in product development methods.
Candidates should have exposure to the full software development lifecycle, will get involved in a variety of new software projects, and will play a key role in mentoring and developing Graduate & Junior Software Developers in your team.
Essential skills and experience should include (a strong mix of):
- Good understanding of the full software development lifecycle
- established Java Programming skills
- Spring and Spring MVC frameworks
- JDBC, Hibernate & SQL (Oracle or similar RDBMS)
- Software design patterns
Highly desirable, but not essential, skills include:
- Agile software development
- Experience automated test tools
- A degree in Computer Science or similar
If successful, you will enjoy a highly stimulating & challenging work environment within a dynamic & rapidly growing organisation.
Please send a copy of your CV to apply or call us for more details.