We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer for a client based in Edinburgh.
We have been tasked to identify computer scientists / software engineers to join our clients highly integrated DevOps and R&D team.
Working in a globally distributed team, the client is looking for skilled and experienced Software Engineers with backgrounds specialising in distributed computing, compiler theory, algorithms etc.
- Design & implement a wide range of new infrastructure services, application frameworks, processes, & APIs.
- Build on existing Infrastructure-as-Code & cloud-native software approaches
- Significant computer science research activities in areas such as scheduling and distributed data management.
- Research & architect novel approaches for scalable cloud-native high-performance computing
- Design & implement components for a new cloud native compute platform & its support infrastructure
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Software &/or systems architecture skills
- C++ object-oriented programming experience
- Skilled and interested in solving large scale distributed computing problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Cloud-native back-end development like
- Design and development of REST APIs
- Database access and interactions
- Building of management tools for OpenStack or Kubernetes
This is an outstanding opportunity to join ome of our clients thriving and teams working on new and exciting products and projects.
On offer is a competitive salary plus an annual bonus scheme and blue-chip benefits package.
Please send a copy of your CV to apply or call for more details.