Lead Technical Architect – Preston
Are you Technical Architect or Lead Software Developer with experience leading of software solutions architecture? We are looking for a Technical Architect for a key IT Solutions organisation to join their existing software development team on the next generation of a suite of applications.
The successful applicant will be responsible for focusing on the technical architecture, revamp and rebuild of the systems and applications.
Duties & responsibilities include:
- Oversee and guide a small team of Software Developers. Currently 10 in total including UK and offshore based Developers.
- Taking the lead in design, specification, and implementation of solutions.
- Liaising with key clients to help them understand why and what you are creating, the complications relating to working with inherited systems, and ensuring them of the level of commitment being undertaken for these to be effective.
- Identifying and supplying projections on how long the process will take.
- Identifying opportunities for system improvement.
- Driving digital Innovation through new technologies and approaches.
- Defining & being accountable for a roadmap for system improvements.
- Working with the product management & software development team to schedule & deliver to the roadmap.
- Development of Architecture & CI/CD pipeline designs.
- Development of an improvements roadmap to align with Technical Architecture roadmap.
- Managing architecture design & change in dependent systems.
- Ensure a standardised approach & consistency in coding/ coding standards
Essential skills, experience and qualities:
- Applications & Infrastructure-focused Technical Architect with experience overseeing & implementing software/systems architecture
- A role model and expert in your field.
- A Proven track record in cloud-based solution architectures e.g. Azure.
- RESTful API design, assurance & management.
- Superior and professional coding skills.
- Experience providing technical leadership and support to Software Development teams
- Evidence of identifying & documenting functional & non-functional requirements for products
On offer: A highly competitive salary PLUS an array of blue-chip benefits, including a superb company pension, flexible working, real career progression opportunities. Please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com or call us should you have any questions.