We are looking for Technical Writer / Author with a minimum of 5+ years of experience for a world leading IT/ Tech client in Livingston.
Our client produces a range of extremely complex software products that will present a challenge to even the most competent and experienced Technical Author.
Working in a small team of authors, you will be work closely with the Software Development teams producing the online help and user documentation for new and existing cutting edge software products and projects.
Skills and experience:
- A skilled Technical Author / Writer with experience of developing end-user information. The ideal applicant will have experience in Online and PDF formats for software and/or hardware products.
- Adobe FrameMaker & Adobe RoboHelp exposure and skills
- Self-motivated, and able to take ownership of your work and drive projects forward.
- Passionate and flexible when it comes to learning.
- Good experience of understanding & explaining complex functionality in easy to understand terms.
- A good eye for detail to produce work of the highest quality.
- Adaptable working with different individuals & personalities to get the best out of people.
- Excellent written English skills.
- Microsoft Office, Visio, Adobe Acrobat, Camtasia, SharePoint, Jira and Version Control Procedures.
- Some experience of working in Agile Software Development environment.
- Some experience of Linux/Unix OS