In this role, you will work as part of a team to support NHS pathology labs throughout the UK and Europe. You will administer and resolve end-user issues relating to LIMS software and systems within Blood transfusion, Microbiology, or Cellular biology labs.
We are looking for an experience Biomedical Science qualified or Pathology related professional (BMS / MLA or recent graduates) and ideally with experience in an NHS lab to join to join our client as an IT Support Analyst. The role will be based at our clients Surrey office and offers full training in IT with real career opportunities within the client.
Applicant will be either recent Biomedical Science graduates (for more entry level roles) to more experienced MLA or BMS professional with experience in a Blood transfusion, Microbiology, or Cellular biology for more senior roles.
Applicants with good experience of LIMS systems environments such as making changes / go live/ setting up new rules etc to the LIMS system would be ideal for the more senior roles. Any Analyser experience would also be a plus.
The (ideal) person:
A recent Graduate / MLA / BMS or experienced NHS lab staff member, ideally with good IT skills and a desire and interest in working in the IT Sector
Experience of working with a LIMS based system e.g. Telepath / Labcentre / Winpath etc)
In this role, you will work as part of a team and closely with lab clients and internal business / software teams to support pathology labs throughout the UK and Europe.
You will be trained on clients systems and software and receive training to gain qualifications that will enhance your career and skills.
Skills, & Experience:
- MLA and/or BMS Qualified
- LIMS, Labcentre, Winpath Telepath etc.
- A Degree in a biomedical science or computer related subject would be a bonus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; including documentation and communicating with technical and non-technical clients and staff
- A strong interest in IT systems or similar laboratory IT experience
- IT Literate with a keen interest in pursuing a career in IT, good PC/network/database literacy
This is a superb opportunity to work core business hours, enhance your skills, and follow a path into the IT industry.
On offer is a salary of between £24-29k plus:
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- 5% matched company pension
- Permanent health insurance / death in service
- Childcare vouchers
- Performance related bonus
Please send a copy of your CV to apply or call us should you with to chat about the role first.