We are looking for an Electronic Hardware Test Engineer to join the hardware qualification department of our client based in Edinburgh.
Reporting directly to the Senior Hardware Qualification Engineer and working closely within the team, the successful applicant will be required to:
- Rigorous testing of electronic hardware products to standards and to a proven internal test strategy
- Report any issues or weaknesses through company systems and processes.
- Use skills in both electronics test design to allow you to evaluate and design a robust solution that highlights any failures during the test qualification process.
- External testing involving setting up for EMC and Environmental test certification to industry standards through external test houses.
- Some travel will be required to and from the external test facilities so transport will be required.
- IP Networking and configuration / setup
- Ability to perform hardware test activities for products using in house and external test facilities
- Produce technical documentation relating to hardware qualification tests
- Electronics principles e.g. cable wiring and test design
- Strong PC skills
- Basic mechanical construction skills
- Ability to work individually on problem solving but importantly a good team work attitude
- Knowledge of qualification testing of electronic and mechanical products
- Surface mount rework skills
- Thermal design understanding would be an advantage
- Working to certification standards and understanding
- Communication with OEM suppliers
- HND in Electronics Engineering.
- Candidates with equivalent experience will also be considered
- 5+ years’ experience in electronic based test environment
The salary for the position is up to £28k (based on experience). The role is a superb opportunity to join an established and successful organisation.
Please send a copy of your CV to apply or call us for more details.