We are recruiting a Software Tester for an exciting role offering the chance to learn new development technology skills whilst experiencing life in another city.
On offer is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a market-leading client offering the chance to live and work in another city. Due to the complexity of the ERP related software you will be involved in testing, our client decided that they would provide you with the chance to live in and work Belgium (Ghent) offices and work closely with their established testing and software development teams to learn their testing processes, information systems, application server, and workflow system software.
After this initial period (approximately 9-12 Months), you will then work from the Glasgow software development office to continue the role with the team that has gained this experience already and are now based there.
Our client offers an opportunity that will also provide skills and exposure in a role that offers a scope of work that you would not learn here in Glasgow. They want you to enjoy and good work/life balance and as part of their commitment will provide regular flights back to Glasgow. They will also find and cover the costs of your own personal apartment accommodation, and a fully expensed company car (usually a Volvo) so it real opportunity to experience life and culture in another country and city whilst being offered in-depth training and on the job mentoring before moving back to Scotland.
Applicants should have skills and experience as follows:
- Ideally a 2:1 (or better) degree or qualification in IT / Software related.
- Any experience of testing software in RDBMS / Database software, .NET, or Object-Oriented Software would be ideal.
- Some skills or experience in Automated testing would be an advantage.
- Applicants with 1-2 years of commercial software experience either in placements or in-depth skills gained during your first commercial position.
- Some software testing accreditation e.g. ISEB / ISTQB would be preferred although not essential.
- Flexible with a real thirst for IT & technical knowledge.
- The ability and willingness to adapt and learn new development skills.
This is without a doubt the best opportunity in the Software Testing today, with a client willing to invest as much money and training in people and also offer an opportunity to work with cutting edge software that will enhance your skills and experience.
Please send your CV to apply or contact us if you have any questions regarding the vacancy.