We are looking for a Data Modelling / Algorithm Engineer for a growing client based in the Stirling area.
Our client are for someone with a background in Innovative Engineering, Physics or Applied Mathematics to join their team working on sensor and software solutions for the next generation of their product.
This is an exciting opportunity that offers the successful applicant the chance to join a dynamic team developing new product concepts to prototype phase, championing new ideas and follow them through to market.
Applicants with experience of designing and developing data driven models and autonomous algorithms (heuristic) would be ideal. An understanding of interfacing with DSP (digital signal processing) techniques and related software implementation would be of benefit.
- Research, design, and develop new and existing algorithms for patterns detection (sensor data).
- Working on and applying statistical pattern recognition together with and machine learning techniques.
- Design and develop and evaluate of experimental algorithms.
- Ability to assess veracity of applied techniques and measurements and conclude these for product direction.
- A qualification (MSci or PhD preferred) in a numerical field e.g. Electronics Engineering, Applied Mathematics etc.
- Solid programming skills in Matlab (C would be considered).
- A good understanding of data driven models & their application to incomplete data sets.
- 2 years+ of experience in developing models in either commercial or academic role
Additional skills of interest:
- Any experience of developing statistical pattern recognition algorithms with a focus on physical sensor systems would be of benefit, either in an industrial or postgraduate academic setting.
- Some programming skills in C
- An understanding of electronic systems.
- Any understanding of physical noise sources effect on signal veracity would also be of benefit.
Please send a copy of your CV to apply or call us should you have any questions. We are here to help.