Software Test Engineer – Embedded Software
Our client is an established and rapidly expanding Electronics Solutions client who are looking for an Embedded Software Test Engineer to join their team. This is an excellent opportunity to join an established and growing embedded software team offering the opportunity to work on a range of exciting software projects for cutting edge electronic products.
- Software testing for an ever changing range of wireless software & hardware products.
- Working closely with developers to deliver high quality software.
- Writing test cases and test plans.
- Maintaining and recording of test data.
- Managing test cases and specifications.Maintaining and developing long term soak and regression test suites.
This role would involve:
- Working flexibly within multi-disciplined teams, liaising with development engineers and management.
- Using initiative to find things out independently, question assumptions and challenge results.Working with multiple embedded test environments simultaneously.
- Managing test coverage, results and estimates within scalable embedded projects.
Required skills and experience. (A strong mix of the following):
- An understanding of the Software quality assurance process, especially software testing & test effectiveness.
- Test results reporting.
- Exposure and operation of embedded Test equipment.
- Understanding of Test case generation from requirements.
- Embedded C or C++
- Degree or similar in software / electronic engineering, testing or related subject.
- Practical hands on approach.
The candidate would also benefit from the following skills and experience:
- Test case scripting.
- Embedded systems exposure.
- Understanding of Real-time / Embedded operating systems.
What our client will provide you:
- A superb salary and benefits package
- A supportive and challenging working environment
- Appropriate training where required
- An opportunity to make a real difference
Please send a copy of your CV to apply or call us for more details. We will answer and questions that you have and are happy to inform you on all aspects of our clients. All CV’s are treated with complete confidentiality.