We are looking for a Technical Author / Writer for an established multi-national client based in central Scotland, commutable from Glasgow or Edinburgh (and surrounding areas).
Our client is looking for a Technical Author with established experience (ideally around 5 years).
The successful applicant will work independently with department team members to write and publish product documentation and content to support software releases.
Standard content includes (not limited to): User guides, release & application notes, reference manuals, blog features, video demonstrations, error messages etc.
Tools and Technologies:
- Adobe Creative Suite publishing tools e.g. FrameMaker, Captivate, Acrobat
- Microsoft Office publishing tools e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Wiki authoring environment; Microsoft Windows OS; UNIX and Linux OS
- Knowledge / experience of technical publications technologies and methodologies e.g. DITA, instructional design, online collaborative authoring environment, structured authoring.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Educated to Bachelor’s degree
- Established in a technical publications role as a Technical Author
Please send a copy of your CV to apply or call us on should you have any questions or require more details.