We are looking for Technical Writer / Author with a minimum of 5+ years of experience for an established and world-leading multi-national client based in central Scotland, commutable from Glasgow or Edinburgh (and surrounding areas).
The successful applicant will work independently with department team members to write and publish product documentation and content to support software releases.
Standard content includes (not limited to): User guides, release & application notes, reference manuals, blog features, video demonstrations, error messages etc.
Skills and experience:
Working in a small team of authors, you will be work closely with the Software Development teams producing the online help and user documentation for new and existing cutting edge software products and projects.A skilled Technical Author / Writer with experience of developing end-user information. The ideal applicant will have experience in Online and PDF formats for software and/or hardware products.
- Adobe FrameMaker & Adobe RoboHelp exposure and skills
- Self-motivated, and able to take ownership of your work and drive projects forward.
- Passionate and flexible when it comes to learning.
- Good experience of understanding & explaining complex functionality in easy to understand terms.
- A good eye for detail to produce work of the highest quality.
- Adaptable working with different individuals & personalities to get the best out of people.
Tools and Technologies:
- Adobe Creative Suite publishing tools e.g. FrameMaker, Captivate, Acrobat
- Microsoft Office publishing tools e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Wiki authoring environment; Microsoft Windows OS; UNIX and Linux OS
Qualifications and Experience:
- Educated to Bachelor’s degree
- Established in a technical publications role as a Technical Author / Writer
Please send a copy of your CV to apply or call us on should you have any questions or require more details.